Hardwood Tree Improvement and Regeneration Center
Research Work Unit NRS-14
Our research mission
is to develop genetic, molecular, and tissue culture technologies and forest and nursery management guidelines for improvement of central hardwood forest productivity. more>>
Our Research Areas
We are :
Developing hardwood (oak and walnut) molecular markers for use in determination of genetic quality and population structure of current natural forests and plantations, and quantitative genes in superior hardwood trees. more>>
Our Latest Products
- Lawson, S.S. ; Brown, Z.C. ; Morris, P. 2022. Overcoming preconceived notations: a first look at the Purdue Agribusiness Student Academy. Twentieth annual Hawaii international conference on education. Honolulu, HI: Hawaii International conference on Education
- Rezaei, Mehdi ; Rohani, Abbas ; Lawson, Shaneka S. 2022. Using an Adaptive Neuro-fuzzy Interface System (ANFIS) to Estimate Walnut Kernel Quality and Percentage from the Morphological Features of Leaves and Nuts. Erwerbs-Obstbau
- Manafi-Dastjerdi, Mohammad ; Ebrahimi-Nik, Mohammadali ; Rohani, Abbas ; Lawson, Shaneka 2022. Production of biodegradable pots from cattle manure and wood waste: effects of natural binders on mechanical performances and biodegradability. Environmental Science and Pollution Research
- Thunder, Rachel ; Conrad, Anna O.; Burdine, Charles ; Yang, Jian ; Lhotka, John M.; Abbott, Albert G.; Nelson, C. Dana. 2022. White oak (Quercus alba L.) microsatellite markers for genetic diversity studies. SRS Research Note-SRS-26. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station.
- Zarei, Abdolkarim ; Ebrahimi, Aziz ; Mathur, Samarth ; Lawson, Shaneka 2022. The First Complete Chloroplast Genome Sequence and Phylogenetic Analysis of Pistachio (Pistacia vera). Diversity. 14(7): Article 577. 16 p.
Last Modified: 02/02/2016