Scientists & Staff
Notes: This person is no longer an employee of the Northern Research Station.
Featured Publications & Products
- Lund, Joanne; Marquardt, Paula; Mattson, William Jr. 2010. Analyzing the movement of an invasive weevil (Polydrusus sericeus) using stable Isotopes. In: 95th Ecological Society of America annual meeting; 2010 Aug 1-6; Pittsburgh, PA. Abstract.
- Gandhi, K.J.K.; Gilmore, D.W.; Haack, R.A.; Katovich, S.A.; Krauth, S.J.; Mattson, W.J.; Zasada, J.C.; Seybold, S.J. 2009. Application of semiochemicals to assess the biodiversity of subcortical insects following an ecosystem disturbance in a sub-boreal forest. Journal of Chemical Ecology. 35: 1384-1410.
- Coyle, David R.; Nebeker, T. Evan; Hart, Elwood R.; Mattson, William J. 2005. Biology and Management of Insect Pests in North American Intensively Managed Hardwood Forest Systems. Annu. Rev. Entomol. 2005. 50:129
Publications & Products
- Coyle, David R.; Mattson, William J.; Friend, Alexander L.; Raffa, Kenneth F. 2014. Effects of an invasive herbivore at the single plant scale do not extend to population-scale seedling dynamics. Canadian Journal of Forest Research
- Foss, Anita R.; Mattson, William J.; Trier, Terry M. 2013. Effects of elevated CO2 leaf diet on gypsy moth (Lepidoptera: Lymantriidae) respiration rates. Environmental Entomology. 42(3): 503-514.
- Nitao, James K.; Birr, Bruce A.; Nair, Muraleedharan G.; Herms, Daniel A.; Mattson, William J. 2001. Rapid quantification of proanthocyanidins (condensed tannins) with a continuous flow analyzer. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry. 49: 2207-2214.
- Mattson, William J. 1998. Exotic insects in North American forests: ecological systems forever altered. In: Britton, Kerry O., ed. Exotic pests of eastern forests conference proceedings; 1997 April 8-10; Nashville, TN. U.S. Forest Service and Tennessee Exotic Pest Plant Council: 187-194
- Baranchikov, Yuri N.; Mattson, William J.; Hain, Fred P.; Payne, Thomas L. 1991. Forest Insect Guilds: Patterns of Interaction with Host Trees. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-153. Radnor, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 400p.
- Mattson, William John. . 1983. Spruce Budworm (Choristoneura fumiferana) Performance in Relation to Foliar Chemistry of its Host Plants. In: Talerico, Robert L.; Montgomery, Michael, tech. coords. Proceedings, forest defoliator--host interactions: Acomparison between gypsy moth and spruce budworms; 1983 April 5-7; New Haven, CT. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-85. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station: 55-65.
Last modified: Wednesday, December 10, 2014